At abrdn, we empower our clients to plan, save and invest for their futures.
We structure our business into three areas – and together they reflect our focus on enabling our clients to be better investors:
- Investments: We work with clients to create solutions across markets, asset classes and investment strategies – combining our global network of investment professionals with research, data and technology.
- Adviser: We offer market-leading platform technology and tools that enable UK wealth managers and financial advisers to look after the diverse needs of their clients.
- Personal: We help people throughout the UK plan for their financial futures – through our financial planning business, our digital direct-to-consumer services and discretionary fund management services.
Through the expertise, insight and innovation of our team, we aim to help clients create more ways for money to make an impact. We set our sights on giving them more confidence to achieve their goals, and more clarity about what they need next. And we focus on delivering outcomes that are more than just financial – by investing sustainably to build a better world. We’re a global business. We manage and administer £542 billion of assets for our clients, and we have over 1 million shareholders. (Figures as at 31 December 2021).
About the Traineeship Programme
Our Traineeship will give you 12 months of experience in our company that will help you to grow your knowledge of the world of work, gain work experience within a professional environment and improve your understanding of our industry. Moving from school / college is a unique experience! It is one we understand, and support. Our Traineeship will see you learn as you earn, giving you access to qualifications, a structured training programme and a network of new colleagues. You may not have any work or industry experience. You don’t need it for this programme! Our focus is on finding those with the right attitude and values who are willing to learn. This programme is an excellent opportunity for school and college leavers to kick start their career in the industry.
Life is good when we can be ourselves. It’s the energy that makes us an outstanding team.
What can you expect from the programme?
- 12 month placement in a team learning about what they do and being given real responsibilities;
- Access to see first-hand that Asset management is an exciting and dynamic industry with many different career options, including those you may not expect, like Technology, Operations, HR & Risk & Compliance;
- Encouraging line manager as well as having a buddy and a mentor;
- A tailored development programme to help you build your skills and knowledge;
- Support to gain a professional qualification;
- Opportunities to develop a network with your colleagues and trainees working in other companies within the industry;
- You can join our award winning NextGen Network for support and development, access to volunteering opportunities and social activities;
- Have access to study and volunteer leave, in addition to your annual leave allowance;
- A salary above the living wage and competitive benefits.
This is a development programme for school / college leavers, so we don’t expect you to have lots of experience and understanding of the industry. We do expect candidates to have built some skills that can transfer to our industry:
- Can do attitude
- Continuous learning mindset
The application process is made up of four stages:
- CV & online application;
- Online tests;
- Pre-recorded video interview;
- Assessment centre (group activity / panel interview).
Our Inclusive Culture
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive work environments; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. You can find out more about our inclusive culture here.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require reasonable accommodation to be made to any stage of the recruitment process. Our Early Careers team will be pleased to discuss your needs and ensure that these are accommodated.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.