Parentsportal.scot is a new digital service to help replace the traditional school bag run by providing direct communication to parents through a growing suite of online services.
What is parentsportal.scot?
In support of Fife Council's ambition to continue improvement in parental engagement we have been working with national partners to develop a "Parents Portal".
The portal will be developed to provide parents with a clear insight to their child's education and to support transactional communications between parents and the school.
Registration for a Parents Portal customer account uses the MyGovScot (My Account) service. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government. Parents using IPay/IPayimpact will already have a My Account username and password.
This new service will introduce information about the school and will allow you to:
- link to your child
- view school calendar
- view your child's class timetable (for pupils in secondary school)
- view your child's attendance
- complete the annual data check process electronically
- update your own as well as your child's details at any time
- access Parent Zone and Fife.gov.uk
- access online school payments (iPayImpact)
- book your child’s parents’ evenings
- report your child’s absence from school
- view your child’s report card (where available)
- view and authorise child’s permission slips for trips, clubs etc
- view and access school social media sites and websites
This is an exciting first phase of a new initiative which enables and creates a digital relationship between parents, pupils and schools.
Please click here www.fife.gov.uk/parentsportal for more information and details on how to sign up.
To access the Parents Portal, please click on Parentsportal.scot